23.5.13

Moonrise Kingdom - Cross Stitch


I'm extremely in love with Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom. When I was the age of Sam and Suzy I would dream of living alone in the woods, I would very often pack bags full of non essential items. Stuffed toys, books, notebooks and pens.. all very important at the time! Possibly my toothbrush and a pair of underwear if I was feeling very practical! Just like Suzy, my cat would be along for the ride too. Ready for my big adventure.. I would only ever make it to the back garden! When I watch this film, I go straight back to how I felt at that time! Dreaming of a big adventure, that naive thinking that I only needed my colouring pens and my cat to live my life and be happy. Its nice to escape back to that mindset every so often. 

I thought their unique style and all their cute accessories would work so well in a cross stitch and how right I was! Most definitely one of my favourite cross stitches I've ever done. 

Sam


Suzy


Sam - So, What do you want to be when you grow up?Suzy - I don't know...I want to go on adventures I think - Not get stuck in one place. How about you? Sam - Go on adventures too, Not get stuck too..





3 comments:

  1. These are so adorable. This is one of my favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great! Do you have a chart or a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You!! I don't have a pattern, might look into making one though!

    ReplyDelete